Monday, April 07, 2008
SOAP: Taking Jesus For Granted.


S- Luke 2:28-32
Simeon was there. He took the child in his arms and praised God, saying, "Sovereign Lord, now let your servant die in peace, as you have promised. I have seen your salvation, which you have prepared for all people. He is a light of reveal God to the nations, and he is the glory of your people Israel!"

O -
When Simeon met Jesus for the first time, it was amazing for him. It was what he had been waiting for all of his life, to the point that once he met Jesus, he was ready to die.

A- Do I take Jesus for granted? When Simeon met Jesus, he was so overjoyed over who Jesus was and what he represented. He praised God immediately for Him. When I read that I think about how my reaction to opening up my Bible, or reading a book that pertains to Jesus doesn't give me a flood of excitement. Don't get me wrong, there are times that I get excited about something that I read or when I see God moving in the world, but sometime I feel like I've gotten so used to the normal everyday act of following Christ, that I forget about what an exciting, wonderful amazing thing it is to have Jesus here with us. To know that because of Jesus Christ we have a life full of hope and salvation from death. That's something to not take for granted.

P- God, I don't want to take you for granted. Sometimes I get so caught up in what's normal that I forget how wonderful you are. Thank you for all you've done. Amen.






0 comments: