Tuning In

Tuesday, May 27, 2008
S- Proverbs 4:20-23 - My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.

O- Son, listen to me please. Listen to the advice I give, let it dig deep into your heart because these words are meant to help you not hurt you.

A- Remember back in Jr. High and High School when you got lectures from you parents? Remember how most of the time we just flipped a switch in our brain that just tuned them out? The crazy thing is that our parents only lectured us and gave us advice because they loved us so much and they wanted the best for us. They wanted our lives to produce life and be healthy, they didn't want us to struggle. I compare that to my life follow Christ now. The Bible has been given to us as a lecture of sorts. A guideline to how to live life better. How often do we tune God's words out? How often do we not listen to Him and do our own thing anyways? It would be amazing if I did everything that God wanted and advised me to do, I think I just need to make the effort of tuning in.

P- God, I know you have great advice and encouragement for me. Keep speaking to me and I'll keep trying to tune into your plan.Tu

0 comments: