Guidance or Approval?

Monday, September 08, 2008
S- Jeremiah 42:19-20 “Listen, you remnant of Judah. The Lord has told you: ‘Do not go to Egypt!’ Don’t forget this warning I have given you today. For you were not being honest when you sent me to pray to the Lord."

O-
You come to god asking for his will, but you don't want his will, you want his approval for what you want to do.

A- How many times in our lives, do we go to God with a "request" or a question for
god, but we don't really want to know what he has to say, we only want approval for what we want to do. It's crazy because we go to an all powerful wonderful God, but we aren't willing to give up control of our life to let him guide us. We're too pridful to let God control our lives. It would be amazing to go to God and really ask him for advice and guidance, without any pre-concieved notions to what we want God to tell us.

P- god, I want to be open to your guidance. I don't want to come to you with decision in my mind already. Help me to keep an open mind to hear from you.

0 comments: