Monday Update - October 13

Monday, October 13, 2008
What I'm doing right now -
Working in the office, preparing 3 talks that I have to give this week. One of which is speaking to adults at Incarnate Faith, which is intimidating.

What I did this weekend
Well, being that I haven't updated in a while, a lot has happened. We went to Portland to visit my Grandma and Aunt and Cousins. It was very cool to see my Grandma with Abby. We also were gone last week at Hume Lake for the Pastor's Conference. We listened to Gary Gaddinni speak. It was a great week, I'll talk more about that maybe tomorrow.

Things to do this week
I realized that we have a Jr. High event in less than two weeks and we haven't done much to prepare for it. It's Frantic Photo Frenzy which is a big photo scavenger hunt. It should be fun, but yet again, not much is done.

I also have to prepare a talk for Wednesday night small groups, a sermon for Jr. High on Sunday and a sermon for Incarnate Faith. All of which are different topics. I'm looking forward to teaching at Incarnate Faith about what a church community really is. I think the American church has gotten distracted by fellowship and has forgotten community. Anyways, I'm used to speaking to Jr. Highers, not adults, so it's a little intimidating.

Praise of the week
I'm getting a new Macbook this week. I know this is a bit material and not very spiritual, but I never thought I'd be able to get one, until we found some money in our Student Ministries budget to do some needed computer upgrades. So we're switching to Mac's. I'm excited.

Struggle of the week
We put another offer in on another house about a week and half ago. It would be perfect and is cheaper than the previous house, but we are in the waiting game again and I'm horrible at waiting.

Other than that, I'm asking God to help me see people as He sees them. It sounds cliche, but I feel like it's what I need to pray for.

Book I'm reading - I'm reading No Perfect People Allowed by John Burke and New Moon by Stephanie Myer. I'm also getting Invitation to Silence and Solitude by Ruth Barton and Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Barton.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Definitely enjoy Bartons stuff! I'm reading her "Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership." Highly recommended!

Steve Gold said...

That's what I hear. Gary Gaddinni talked about them at the Hume Conference last week. It sounded like what I need to hear right now.