Bear Traps and Freedom

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

S-
"Praise the Lord, who did not let their teeth tear us apart! We escaped like a bird from a hunter’s trap. The trap is broken, and we are free! (Psalm 124:6-7)

O- Praise God for not letting Satan take over us. God has saved us and now we don't have to worry about the trap of the enemy.

A- Freedom is a great thing. It's something that we take for granted many times. Can you imagine being told what to do every moment of the day and the consequence of not doing what you were told was death or severe physical punishment? I can't imagine. What I can grasp onto is the fact that God, in his loving kindness has freed us from the bondage of Satan, when we take the step to believe in Him. We are free from Satan because of what God has done. 

The imagery for me is as if I was wandering through the forest and I stepped into a bear trap. It's as if my life is over. If the hunter doesn't get me, something else will. But Christ steps in and releases the trap and I'm free to live. Now my only reaction to that is to worship the one who saved me, the one who set me free.

P- Thank you God for setting me free. For giving me life. God thank you for giving of yourself to see me live. I want to live my life in such a way that it bring glory to the one who saved me. Live my life to honor the name of the one who gave me freedom.

Posted by email from stevegold's posterous

0 comments: