The Possibility of the Impossible

Monday, November 24, 2008

S- The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" they asked. Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible." (Matthew 19:25-26)

O- There is nothing that we as human beings can do to save someone. It is only through God that the impossible become possible.

A- I've had people in my life that are non-christians that I've worked hard to talk to and minister to, but there's no conversion or even movement toward conversion. It's like their eternal life with Christ is an impossibility. Then I read a verse like this and it reminds me of two things. First that the eternal salvation of someone has little to do with me from a human perspective. It's only God working through me that someone is able to walk towards a life with Christ. Second, God can do anything. When I look at people who I believe are impossible to get through to, I need to remember that with God, it's not impossible. God can and will get through to that person.

P- God, I pray for perseverance. I pray that I can continue to pray for those impossible people in my life. That you would continue to use me and work through me to make the impossible possible.

Posted by email from stevegold's posterous

0 comments: