Stars in the Sky

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

S-
And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was. (Matthew 2:9) 

O- The star that the wise men follow guided them to Jesus.

A- Have you ever thought about the fact that there is a guiding light or a star in everyone's life that guides them to Jesus? For some people it may be several stars, but there's always some guidance to Jesus. That light continues even after we make the decision to meet Jesus. There are events and actions that guide us to Jesus. Whether it's a loved one talking to us about Christ, a celebrity talking on tv. A sermon we hear or a conversation we have. There is a guiding star in each of our lives. 

The key is that many times we don't bother to follow the star. Imagine if the wise men didn't follow the star they saw. They wouldn't have experienced the gift of Jesus, God in the flesh. What a missed opportunity. I need make sure I don't miss those opportunities to see God.

P- God continue to show yourself to me. I want to see you and follow you guidance. I know that many times I'll miss an opportunity, but thank you for continuing to pursue me. I love you Jesus.

Posted by email from stevegold's posterous

0 comments: