A Battle To Fight

Thursday, April 10, 2008
S- 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 We are human, but we don't wage war as humans do. "We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy ever proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God."

O- Paul is talking about how as followers of Christ, we are in a battle with Satan, but our battle is not a human battle, but a spiritual battle that needs weapons from God, not humans. As followers of Christ we should use those weapons to break down all the obstacles standing in the way of others knowing Christ.

A- Praying for the lost is something that I don't do enough of. Sure, I pray that people will get to know God and be open to hearing about Him, but doing spiritual warfare and praying for specific obstacles is something that I don't do. I don't know why, even though I know it's something I should be doing.

P- God, I want to pray for the lost and do battle for them. Bring people and obstacles to mind that I can be praying for and battling for.

0 comments: