The Burden of the Church

Friday, April 11, 2008
S- 2 Corinthians 11:28 Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches.

O- Paul's burden in the midst of all of the other trials he has endured is the burden of the church.


A- I feel jaded at times about the church. I'm a church kid, I've grown up in the church, I've been so encapsulated in the church sub-culture, that it scares me to think if my being a pastor is just the next step for me in the Christian bubble. When I read Paul, he humbles me so much, because I feel so inferior because I don't know if I have the "burden of the church" as much as I'd like. Do I want to see people come to follow Christ? Yes! Do I want people's lives to be transformed? Of course! Do I feel like I have the burden of the church? I don't know.

I don't know, this post is me processing. I know God has put me here for a reason, maybe this is just part of my maturing process.

P- God, I know you want me to have the burden of the church. I don't know what that looks like. Help me to be open to hear from you and experience what you have planned for me and the church.

0 comments: