But, I Don't Know Enough

Wednesday, April 23, 2008
S- Matthew 10:19-20 "When you are arrested, don't worry about how to respond or what to say, God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking - It will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."

O- When Jesus sends out His disciples He tells them to not worry about what to say when they are confronted, (He says WHEN, not IF), because God will be the one speaking through them.

A- How many times have we been confronted about something in the Bible, a question, or a statement, that we don't know the answer to? We freak out. In my experience, this is the number one reason that people don't go out and tell others about Christ, I don't know enough. In the meanwhile, they spend a ton of time studying and studying, but they still don't know enough. Now in this passage, Jesus tells His disciples to go out and tell others. He says when, not if, but when they are confronted to not worry, because God will speak through them. How much more confidence do we need? God, the creator of the universe and the one who know what will happen before it happens, will speak through and for us. All we have to do is step out and go.

P- God, help me to have the courage to let you speak through me. Help me to put aside my insecurities and rely on you.

0 comments: