Do We Get It?

Tuesday, April 29, 2008
S- Matthew 16:15-16 "Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

O-
Jesus wanted to know who His disciples thought He was, did they know Him, or not? Did they get it? Peter replied correctly.

A- Have you ever thought about if you really get it?What I mean by that is, do we really get the fact that Jesus is the Messiah, the Savior, the living Christ? He came to save us from the terrible sin that we deserve death for, but He died so we didn't have to experience those consequences. As we live our lives, do we get it? Do we know what that means for our life now? That we can take part in the work of the Messiah here on earth right now today. Who do you say Jesus is? He is the Messiah!

P- God, help me to keep the idea of you as Savior at the forefront of my mind. Help me to not forget it and to see what you are doing on earth around me and join in.

0 comments: