Hume Lake Retreat

Monday, April 14, 2008
So I'm heading of to Hume Lake in a few minutes to just hang out and get refreshed. Hume has a great program for pastors that allows them to come and stay at Hume for three days for free. Heather and I have gone in the past, but this is the first time I'm going by myself.

For the last year or so, I've been trying to leave twice a year for a personal retreat. I do some reading, praying, try to re-focus myself in ministry and life. These retreats are hard for me because even though I'm an introverted person, I like being around and interacting with people. Anyways, this one seems especially hard when I have a pregnant wife at home and it feels like the last month with having to move and things going on in ministry, has just been crazy.

My hope is that the next three days would be a chance for me to get focused on some crazy ideas of youth ministry that have been floating around in my head. I want to be able get these ideas to the point that I can express them to others so that I can talk about them. Oh yeah, I also have a 5 page paper to write on St. Gregory the Great today. Anyways, pray God will help focus me on this retreat and pray for Heather as she's home the next couple of days, give her a call or send her an email, or hit her up on Facebook if you can.

0 comments: