Obey

Monday, April 14, 2008
S- 1 Samuel 15:22 "What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams."

O- Samuel is telling Saul that his actions aren't pleasing to the Lord, but only his obedience.

A- In ministry and in life, we do a lot of things for God. Whether it's have a big event, preach a sermon, give a homeless man food, or pray for a non-Christian friend.We all have the things we know we should do, but do we do what God tells us to do? Have you ever had a time where you knew God was telling you to do something, and you didn't? I know for me when that happens it doesn't matter what I've done in the past, I know God is sad for me. God wants our obedience, not just our attempts to look good.

P-
God help me to be obedient to you. I want to be able to listen to you and do what you ask, no matter what that is.

0 comments: