Wake Up!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008
S- Psalm 59:4-5 "Wake up! See what is happening and help me; O Lord God of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel, wake up and punish those hostile nations."

O- David is angry with God. It's as if God is asleep in David's life"

A- Have you ever felt like god isn't here? Like God is oblivious to what is going on? When I think about those who are hurting and struggle with AIDS and hunger, war and violence, I feel the way as David did. Wake up God! Do something! Then I think about the fact that there is no way for me to know God's plan or the plan for those who are hurting. All I can do is have faith in God and His Lordship and Sovereignty.

P- God, I pray for those who are hungry today that you would satisfy them. those who are dealing with violence that you would protect them. Show them a glimpse of your plan for them, and how you are Lord and in control.

0 comments: