Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

With my birthday merely minutes away and 2009 coming soon, I wanted to take a second to look over the blessings of the last year and look forward to the next. This year was a busy one. At the end of last year we got the amazing news that Heather was pregnant and on August 15, Abigail Elyse Gold came into this world. She is now 4 months old and it’s been an amazing learning time both as a father and as a person. It’s amazing how selfish you realize you are when there is another human being that is dependent on you. 

Another blessing has been the fact that we are buying a house. If all goes well, the first week in January we will officially be homeowners! It’s been a crazy process beginning way back in February, be we super excited to be moving into a 3 bedroom 2 bath house. As many of you know, we had to move out of the house we were living in back in April because it had toxic mold in the basement. Since then we’ve been living in a 1 bedroom apartment that was o.k. until Abby was born. Then the walls began to slowly close in on us. Praise God that we are moving!

Finally, ministry has been great this past year. The highlight for me is to see a ministry that runs without me in many ways. It’s awesome to have a team of staff that can do ministry without me being there. 

2008 has been a great blessing and in 2009 I have a few goals that I’d like to share.
1. Read 26 books this year.
2. Lose 25 lbs.
3. Read the Bible everyday
4. Blog more
5. Watch less tv

I know those sound like random things, but I believe that if I accomplish those, it will make me a better husband, father, pastor and friend. So goodbye 2008, and hello 2009!

Steve Gold
Junior High Pastor
South Valley Community Church
(408) 848-2363 ext. 106

Posted via email from stevegold's posterous

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I expect a minimum of monthly updates on your resolutions. They all seem attainable. Does reading Goodnight Moon or Green Egga and Ham count as reading 26 new books?

Oh...and...Happy Birthday!

Ryan said...

Nice set of resolutions. Rebecca gave me hers, and then a couple she had for me. = )

I'm working on finalizing a couple with her right now! I'll post them when I'm done. Steph's 2008 resolution updates have motivated me.

Steve Gold said...

Ya, Steph is the motivation for me too. Good job Steph!

Also, the books have to have more than 20 words on a page.