Resolutions Jan. 4

Sunday, January 04, 2009

So these are my resolutions for 2009. I’m officially starting them today because this last weekend I was still vacation and I wanted to wait until I went back to a normal routine. Anyways,
1. Read 26 books this year.
- I’m in the process of reading two books right now, Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Barton and The Seven Checkpoints For Youth Leaders by Andy Stanley 
2. Lose 25 lbs.
- Diet starts today, still trying to figure out when the gym will fit into the schedule.
3. Read the Bible regularly
- I changed this one from the last list of resolutions, mainly because every day seems too legalistic. Anyways, regularly is a better. This also means reading it for myself, not for
sermons or Bible study prep. So far, haven’t done this today, but it’s only 7:45am right now. 
4. Blog more
- My goal for this one is to blog 3 times a week, but only if I have something worth blogging about. 
5. Watch less tv.
- Heather and I discussed this one yesterday. We decided that we’ll have a two hour limit Sunday-Thursday (my work week) and then watch whatever on the weekends. I know this 
still sounds like a lot of tv, but to be honest, it’s a lot less then we watch now.

Steve Gold
Junior High Pastor
South Valley Community Church
(408) 848-2363 ext. 106

Posted via email from stevegold's posterous

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Is that 2hrs a day or a total of two hours between Sunday and Thursday? Both seem reasonable, but two hours total would be a challenge.