Jealousy At It's Best

Monday, February 02, 2009

S- “You must worship no other gods, for the Lord, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you.” Exodus 34:14

O-  God is jealous of His relationship with us. He doesn’t want anything to get in the way of us and Him.

A- Our culture is full of gods. Whether it’s tv or movies, music, friends or the economy, we have many gods. One thing that I forget is that God is a jealous God. He wants us all to himself, not as a bad thing, but because He loves us. He doesn’t want anything to get in the way of our relationship. I know for me, it’s easy to let things get in the way. For me media (tv, internet, movies) gets in the way. I’ve also realized that my personal life (family, household duties, friends) have been taking precedence over my relationship with God. God wants me for himself, I need to give up the other things in my life to give God what He wants.

P- God, show me what you want. Tell me what to give up. Thank you that you love me and want desperately to have a relationship with me. Show me how to draw closer to you.

Posted via email from stevegold's posterous

0 comments: